Private Children Matters
Legal disputes and concerns regarding children can be particularly complex, sensitive and time-critical. At Aristone Solicitors, we understand and acknowledge how daunting it can be to seek legal support for private children matters. That’s why we pride ourselves on the flexibility and friendliness of the services we provide.
Nothing in the world matters more to you that your children and their wellbeing. However minor or major the issue, we’ll show your case the priority and professionalism it deserves. For more than 25 years, our skilled legal team has been providing an extensive range of legal services for families across the UK and internationally.
Whatever you need and whenever you need us, we’re standing by to take your call. Book your obligation-free initial consultation with Aristone Solicitors today.
Child Custody Court Orders in England & Wales
Disputes involving child custody often accompany divorce and separation. If you and your partner decide to separate, you many encounter disagreements with regard to:
- Who your child or children should reside with primarily
- How often you and the other parent see the child or children
- Issues regarding schooling, religion, healthcare and so on
In these and other instances, there are several types of court orders you may wish to apply for, which include:
- Child Arrangement Orders
- Specific Issue Orders
- Prohibited Steps Orders
Child Arrangement Orders
Previously known as Child Contact and Residence Orders, Child Arrangement Orders set out a variety of key terms for the child’s guardianship, which include:
- Where the child lives and who they live with primarily
- How much time they spend with other parents or guardians
- Changes to the child’s name or schooling arrangement
- Decisions on important religious matters
With Child Arrangement Orders, the courts will always reach a decision based on both the immediate and long-term welfare of the child. Call Aristone Solicitors anytime to discuss Child Arrangement Orders in more detail.
Specific Issue Orders
Parents or guardians may seek Specific Issue Orders to resolve one or more specific parenting issue, which could include:
- The school the child attends and its location
- If the child or children should receive medical treatment
- Which religion the child should be exposed to
- If the child can be taken overseas or live abroad
Obtaining legal permission to take a child abroad (permanently or otherwise) can be particularly difficult if there are any objections at all from other parents or guardians. If you intend to take a child (or children) out of the UK for any reason, please contact our legal team for advice at the earliest possible stage.
Prohibited Steps Orders
A parent or guardian can apply for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent another parent or guardian from doing something specific, such as:
- Not allowing the child to come into contact with certain individuals
- Disallowing certain medical treatments or procedures
- Forbidding international travel with the child
Due to the complexity of these and other private children matter, we strongly suggest obtaining expert legal support at the earliest possible stage in the process.
At Aristone Solicitors, our experience and expertise extend to all private children matters for UK families. Book your obligation-free consultation today to discuss your case with a member of our team.