Can I reside at my partner’s property after their death when there is no Will?

In a marriage or civil partnership, you inherit by law some or all of your partner’s estate automatically with the amount depending on the circumstances at the time of death and you may be able to continue living in your partner’s home. You cannot do this if you are divorced or if your civil partnership has been dissolved.

If you are not married, you do not inherit your partner’s estate. However, if you own the home with your partner as “Joint Tenants” the property passes to you by survivorship and you can continue to reside in it.

Get in touch with aristone solicitors today


"*" indicates required fields