Samaritans are available round the clock, every single day of the week, providing emotional support for people who are struggling to cope.
We know at times life can be difficult. People who reach out to us represent all ages and lifestyles, emotional stress can affect us all. We’re here to listen to anyone who needs someone.
- Samaritans’ vision is that fewer people die by suicide.
- 17 people die by suicide every day in the UK.
- Luton, South Beds and Harpenden Samaritans receive over 16,000 contacts each year.
What we do at Luton, South Beds and Harpenden Samaritans
Luton, South Beds and Harpenden Samaritans is an important part of the local community. We have 109 volunteers in our branch who spend over 17,000 hours each year supporting callers, both locally and nationally.
We are based at 33 Cardiff Road, Luton LU1 1PP, providing this vital service:
- We listen, providing our service by phone, email and face-to-face.
- We work in the community, reaching out to vulnerable individuals who may be at high risk, including outreach at local schools and businesses to inform local people of Samaritans’ work.
- We completed around 320 hours of local outreach last year.
If you would like to make a donation to Luton, South Beds and Harpenden Samaritans branch,
go to www.samaritans.org/luton