Samaritans are available round the clock, every single day of the week, providing emotional support for people who are struggling to cope.
We know at times life can be difficult. People who reach out to us represent all ages and lifestyles, emotional stress can affect us all. We’re here to listen to anyone who needs someone.
- Samaritans’ vision is that fewer people die by suicide.
- 17 people die by suicide every day in the UK.
- Luton, South Beds and Harpenden Samaritans receive over 16,000 contacts each year.
What they do at Luton, South Beds and Harpenden Samaritans
Luton, South Beds and Harpenden Samaritans is an important part of the local community. They have 109 volunteers in their branch who spend over 17,000 hours each year supporting callers, both locally and nationally.
They are based at 33 Cardiff Road, Luton LU1 1PP, providing this vital service:
- They listen, providing our service by phone, email and face-to-face.
- They work in the community, reaching out to vulnerable individuals who may be at high risk, including outreach at local schools and businesses to inform local people of Samaritans’ work.
- They completed around 320 hours of local outreach last year.
Together we can make change that saves lives
Aristone Solicitors are delighted to choose Luton, South Beds and Harpenden Samaritans as our charity partner from September 2020–2021.
It costs around £40,000 a year to run their service and charity partnerships are a vital source of income for them. By raising funds, we will help Samaritans to be there for more people in the local community who are struggling to cope and keep their helpline open, day and night, 365 days a year.
Luton, South Beds and Harpenden Samaritans have been providing emotional support to the local community and beyond for over 50 years. As a charity partner, staff at Aristone Solicitors are raising money to help Samaritans to fund their vital services
If you would like to make a donation to Luton, South Beds and Harpenden Samaritans branch, go to www.samaritans.org/luton