Disputes About Charitable Legacies
Cases involving charitable legacies require a sensitive approach coupled with strategic thinking. As the region’s most experienced team of will, trust and estate disputes lawyers, we can provide the support you need to bring your case to a swift resolution.
Whether looking to file a claim or in need of help defending your charity from a claimant, we’re standing by to take your call. Contact Aristone Solicitors anytime to book your obligation-free initial consultation.
Client Focused, Results Oriented Legal Services
Since we established our legal firm, Aristone Solicitors has worked with established charities and good causes spanning the whole of the UK. From the biggest household names to smaller independent organisations, we provide expert legal support for charities and their legacy.
Unlike some, we understand how complex and sensitive it can be to both pursue and defend against claims as a charitable organisation. As your business exists solely for the benefit of others, becoming embroiled in costly legal battles is an unfortunate eventuality. Particularly where more high-profile claims are concerned, which can cause PR issues for the parties involved.
At Aristone Solicitors, we can help you make objective and informed decisions to safeguard your charity’s financial future. Our experience and expertise extend to the following areas among others:
- Conditional gifts and releasing restrictions on legacies
- The interpretation and validity of wills
- Foreign grants, cross-border issues and overseas assets
- Handling complex assets and high value estates
- Pursuing entitlements from non-responsive trustees
- Charity legacy disputes under the 1975 Inheritance Act
- Taxation issues for charitable organisations
- Acting as executor and administering estates
- Appointment and removal of trustees and executors
- Impartial mediation to avoid court involvement
Our expert legal services for charities are tailored to suit all requirements and budgets. For more information or to discuss your case in more detail, contact a member of the team at Aristone Solicitors anytime.
Three Steps to Successful Dispute Resolution
Whatever the nature and complexity of your case, we can help. Aristone Solicitors utilises a structured three-step methodology to bring even the most difficult cases to a swift and amicable resolution:
- Stage 1 – Assessment. We’ll consider every aspect of your case carefully and inspect your documents and evidence in detail, enabling us to determine if you have a valid case to pursue.
- Stage 2 – Mediation. If you choose to go ahead, we will make every effort to ensure that your case is brought to a conclusion outside the courts, through independent mediation.
- Stage 3 – Courts. Only if it is necessary will your case be brought before the courts. Aristone Solicitors will provide the complete legal support and representation you need from start to finish.
At Aristone Solicitors, we understand that protecting your reputation as a charitable organisation is just as important as safeguarding your legacy income. If you suspect you have a valid claim or need help protecting your organisation against a claimant, we’re standing by to take your call.
Contact the team at Aristone Solicitors for more information, or to discuss the specifics of your case in more detail.